Fargesia nitida 'Black Pearl' is a spectacular fountain bamboo with purply black culms and overarching green foliage. It is a clump-forming bamboo.
It grows well in shade and part shade, an ideal bamboo for north-facing gardens and balconies.
Buy black bamboos at Crocus.co.uk
- Identity: Fargesia nitida 'Black Pearl', Black Pearl Bamboo, Fountain Bamboo.
- Culm: Coloured, green to purple and black.
- Leaves: Evergreen, fountain foliage.
- Mature Height: 3 – 4 metres.
- Spread: Grow out of the base clump 2 – 3 m, not invasive.
- Hardiness: – 25 degrees Celsius.
- Uses: Grows in pots and containers, prefers shade and part-shade.
- Care: add manure or good organic compost, avoid planting in windy sites.
Clump-forming bamboo plants for sale
Here is where to buy the clump-forming bamboo plants online.
We listed some top UK Home and Garden bamboo suppliers like Crocus and YouGarden.
Also, check out Amazon bamboo suppliers.
Grow black pearl bamboo
The fountain bamboos are from the group Fargesia nitida.
They are an adorable group because they have various colours that contrast beautifully with the natural garden colour, green.
The spectacular black pearl matches the light green undergrowth and lighter colours of the built environment.
So, grow this beautiful black bamboo in the backdrop of lighter colours.
Here are 3 tips for choosing a better site for growing Fargesia nitida Black Pearl:
- Take a look at the stripy colours of the vegetation (or built environment).
- Match the colours to the colour dark culms and green leaves of Fargesia nitida 'Black Pearl'.
- Then, plant the bamboo and pay attention to it in the first summer as it establishes itself.
Guide for growing Fargsia nitida bamboo
The four articles are packed with information, tips and step-by-step guides for growing bamboo in the UK.
If you want to know how to propagate bamboo plants from seeds or culm and rhizome cuttings or grow bamboo in pots and gardens, you'll find the info useful. Here are the links!
- 1. How to propagate bamboos from seeds
- 2. How to propagate bamboos from culm cuttings
- 3. How to propagate bamboos from rhizome cuttings
- 4. Popular Running Bamboos to Grow in pots and small gardens
You can find additional insights into bamboo growth requirements & care on our YouTube channel – Amazing Bamboo Plants.
Post a Comment
Thank you for the comment.