The canes are flexible, you can cut, bend and shape to your liking.
They are used extensively in the Asia and South Pacific regions for many purposes, from cooking food to building materials and making fun arts and crafts products.
The uses are limitless!
Take a look at how to make stationery storage and cups from the common bamboo plants.
Pencil bamboo storage boxThe bamboo columns (internodes) are perfect for storing pencils, pens, highlighters and generally school stationeries and supplies.
To make the bamboo storage, you need a handsaw, sandpaper/wood file, candle and a thick (dry) bamboo cane.
- Firstly, cut the bamboo at an angle of 10 - 15cm from the node (angle-cut will make it easy to store and retrieve different lengths of pencils, pens, markers, highlighters, etc...).
- Secondly, use fine sanding paper to smoothen the edges.
- To give the storage box a brownish glow, hover it over the gentle candle heat.
- Finally, give it a clean and your bamboo storage box is ready to use.
Apply light varnish or wood paint for a fine finishing touch.
Bamboo water cupsBamboo internodes have been used as water storage in Asia and Pacific regions for many centuries.
Today, bamboo water bottles and bamboo cups are fantastic traditional products.
It is natural and the water tastes better in it.
If you have a large bamboo pole you can make several cups out of it.
- Firstly, the steps are similar to the steps for making bamboo storage. But instead, you'll have to cut across the bamboo forming a cup shape.
- Secondly, give the freshly cut bamboo a good sanding.
- Then, rinse the bamboo cup in warm water and let it dry.
- Finally, your new bamboo cup is ready to use.
Do not fill the cup with hot water because it is likely to crack.
Why bamboo storage?Bamboos stems, also called the internodes, are extremely hollow in the middle, slim and long.
The internodes are best for storing pencils and pens, toothbrushes and slim many other similar everyday items.
Bamboo tubes are also best for storing secret documents, paintings and important documents.
Let's have a look at what bamboo storage boxes you can make.
Here are 4 simple but stunning bamboo storage boxes and tubes you can make.
- Water cups
- Pencil bamboo storage box
- Secret storage bamboo box or tube.
- Bamboo toothbrush and toothpaste storage.
Bamboo garden DIY Hacks
Check out this video and our YouTube channel for garden DIY Hacks using bamboo canes.
Each link takes you to the page with detailed intructions and pictures to help you build you own or give you an idea about how to make yours.
- BAMBOO BATHROOM STORAGE HACKS
- HOW TO MAKE BAMBOO CUPS AND PENCIL STORAGE FROM BAMBOO CANES
- USES OF BAMBOO STICKS WITH PICTURES
- HOW TO MAKE A BAMBOO PRIVACY FENCE FROM BAMBOO ROLLS
- START GARDEN PLANTS FROM SEED IN A BAMBOO PROPAGATOR
- 5 BAMBOO ART AND CRAFT IDEAS - STORAGE BOXES
- HOW TO BUILD A SWEET PEA GARDEN FRAME TRELLIS USING BAMBOO STICKS WITH PICTURES
- HOW TO BUILD A SQUARE GARDEN TRELLIS PANEL FROM WOOD AND BAMBOO STICKS
- HOW TO BUILD A BAMBOO WALL TRELLIS WITH PICTURE
- HOW TO BUILD AN A-FRAMED TRELLIS FOR RUNNER BEANS WITH PICTURES
Post a Comment
Thank you for the comment.