Do you have thick bamboo canes? You can build a nice Bamboo Seed Propagator and grow your plants from seed in it.
Here is a quick guide to building one.
Make seed propagator with lids
Seeds tend to germinate well in conditions where the soil is moist and nutrient-rich and the soil temperature is above 10 degrees Celcius.
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) has a detailed guide for sowing seeds here, RHS Germination Guide, PDF.
The lids act as a greenhouse to maintain the temperature and humidity in the bamboo seed pots and trays. This encourages the seed to germinate.
You can take the lids off when the germinating seeds reach a certain height and transplant them.
Always put the lid back so that any seeds that remain will have to chance to grow.
DIY bamboo projects - hanging wall planters
Wall planters are ideal for putting colours to a dull wall.
Many of the metal wall planters are great but are also expensive.
If you want to try a DIY wall hanging plant, making hanging wall planters an ideal option.
There are two types of hanging wall planters that you can make:
- Vertical wall planters and
- Horizontal wall planters.
Bamboo art and craft ideas
The video shows how we used bamboo sticks to make a mini raft - see how it goes down the river.
10 Bamboo DIY projects with pictures and videos
Each link takes you to the page with detailed intructions and pictures to help you build you own or give you an idea about how to make yours.
- BAMBOO BATHROOM STORAGE HACKS
- HOW TO MAKE BAMBOO CUPS AND PENCIL STORAGE FROM BAMBOO CANES
- USES OF BAMBOO STICKS WITH PICTURES
- HOW TO MAKE BAMBOO PRIVACY FENCE FROM BAMBOO ROLLS
- START GARDEN PLANTS FROM SEED IN BAMBOO PROPAGATOR
- 5 BAMBOO ART AND CRAFT IDEAS - STORAGE BOXES
- HOW TO BUILD A SWEET PEA GARDEN FRAME TRELLIS USING BAMBOO STICKS WITH PICTURES
- HOW TO BUILD A SQUARE GARDEN TRALLIS PANEL FROM WOOD AND BAMBOO STICKS
- HOW TO BUILD A BAMBOO WALL TRELLIS WITH PICTURE
- HOW TO BUILD AN A-FRAMED TRELLIS FOR RUNNER BEANS WITH PICTURES